Monday, March 2, 2009

My hearts beats for cardio

Okay, I admit that I meant that title in a slightly sarcastic tone. My heart shuns away from cardio lately, though I do it 30 min a day nonetheless, thus resulting in it being a drag.
Here is how I try to keep it interesting. I find five different ways a week to do at least 30 minutes of cardio:
Mondays: elliptical
Tuesdays: spinning
Wednesdays: combo (10min run, 10min bike, 10min stairmaster in a row)
Thursdays: boot camp (they have me run bleachers, sprints) or treadmill
Fridays: run on treadmill
I keep trying to invent new ways. I recently tried the row machine but it was a better warmup for an upper body workout than a cardio session.
Any cardio tips to keep it interesting?

2 comments:

  1. I usually like to mix it up like that too - otherwise its boring!

    I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can bike ride and take my dog for long walks - hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riding bikes! Yes! It seems when I use it for transportation, which I often do, it's not even a workout, because usually I am thinking of other things or trying to avoid cars! Yet, it's totally sneaking in the extra cardio. I can't wait either.

    ReplyDelete