Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Numbers Game

I let numbers get to me. Yesterday I found an ensemble of weight and fitness calculators on this website and had some fun with them. As much as I'd like to think that I have it together, though, these numbers got to me. For my height, it determined a weight 15lbs less as my "ideal. " I will never be able to reach that "ideal" - my body fat to muscle ratio just does not allow for this, there is no more wiggle room. ;-)
Because weight loss and fitness is a mental game above anything, I wonder how helpful it is to consider these numbers, knowing that they psych me out. At the same time, we're always on some level looking for outside affirmation, and fitting the "ideal" as much as we'd say that is a bad idea to do so.
The same website suggested I should be eating 2400 calories a day. This is double the 1200 calorie diets I come across in Oxygen Magazine all the time. I am still in shock! Could this be so?

No comments:

Post a Comment